Church of St. John the Baptist in Liptovská Osada
The Roman-Catholic church St. John the Baptist is situated in the town of Liptovská Osada, approximately 16 km away from the centre of Ružomberok.
The church was built in 1762 at the location of a former wooden church. At the beginning of the 20th century, side naves were added to the church.
Inside the church, there are paintings by Vladimír Droppa. The altar features a wooden statue of the patron of the church: St. John the Baptist. Situated by the sides are the statues of St. Cyril and Methodius. In addition to the main altar, there are also side altars of St. Joseph and Virgin Mary. There is also a wooden cross with a carving of crucified Jesus Christ. A way of the cross can be found here as well.
Some of the pews are original, the rest of them were replaced with new ones, similar in shape.
The tower has three bells, of which the oldest one, consecrated to the Holy Trinity, is from the 17th century. It is inscribed: To commemorate sacred glory of the Holy Trinity, God believers and devotees, 1658.
Located on the church is a memorial plaque in honour of priest Štefan Vaverčák, who saved the lives of 72 local inhabitants during World War II, when they were about to be shot by a German commando unit.