Viewpoint Predný Choč (meadow)
A viewpoint area on the meadow under the peak of Predný Choč with a view of Ružomberok.
It is situated north of Ružomberok, near the town of Likavka. It is a part of the Choc Mountains. The viewpoint is situated at 1170 m.a.s.l. It lies 4 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The viewpoint consists of a meadow surrounded by woods at three sides. The viewpoint mainly offers a view of the south. The viewpoint meadow is visible from Lower Liptov.
It can be accessed via a marked hiking trail from the towns of Likavka or Lisková.
We can get to the viewpoint from Likavka, from where we are guided by the red-marked hiking trail passing by the Likava Castle. In the top parts of Predný Choč, look for the left turn leading to the viewpoint.
The viewpoint offers a view of the town of Ružomberok, of the region of Lower Liptov and of the Great Fatra and the Low Tatras.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– The hiking tour from Likavka takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
– Predný Choč (Front Choč) has two woodland peaks, with a hiking trail running between them. There are marked viewpoints under both peaks.
– The viewpoint meadow has a resting area with benches.
– There is a hikers’ book at the top.
– Due to the favourable weather conditions, paragliders use this place as a jumping area.
– Traditionally, there is a hiking tour to “Tri vrchy” (Three Hills) organized during summer, which is finished at this viewpoint.