Mineral spring "Vrt STH - 1A", Stankovany
The mineral spring (well) is situated in Stankovany in the territory of Močiar, approximately 2 km away from the train stop in Stankovany. You can get to the spring via a paved road running along the railway line to the west. Along the road, there is a blue-marked bike trail. At the place where the road splits, continue in the direction away from the railway line. Continue by the woods until you reach the place where you get a view of Močiar Nature Reserve. Continue a little bit further until you see a path to a pond. Close to the pond, there is a wooden path, which will lead you through the wetland to the spring “Vrt”.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 159
– A well with depth of 67m, which catches the water in the travertine subsoil in depth of approximately 6 m, and leads it to the surface.
– The water flow is unstable, sometimes it is stronger and other times weaker.
– The well pipe itself is heavily corroded and covered with sediments.
– In the close vicinity of the well, the water creates various colourful patterns from the sediments.
– The water flows farther, where it spills around and creates travertine areas, in which you can see small sediment ponds.
– The water has a weak sulphur smell and a taste of sulphur acidulous water.
– The access to the spring is facilitated by a wooden pathway located above the ground level.
– It is situated in Šípska Fatra, which is a sub-part of the Great Fatra.
– It is located in the National Nature Reserve of Močiar.
– There is a marked bike trail passing near the spring.
– In the vicinity, there is a sitting area.
– In the vicinity, there is an educational panel about the Nature Reserve of Močiar.
– There are other mineral springs in the vicinity of the spring.