A meadow peak covered with blueberry bushes, with views of Liptov, on the main ridge of the Low Tatras.
It is situated south of Ružomberok, near Liptovská Lúžna. It is a part of the Low Tatras. It is 1693 m.a.s.l. high. It is located 20 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak consists of a meadow, it is covered with grass and blueberry bushes. It offers a view of almost all the cardinal points. It is visible from the west part of the Liptov Basin.
It can be accessed along a marked hiking trail from Liptovská Lúžna, Korytnica, Brusno and Nemecká.
The easiest way to the top is from Liptovská Lúžna, from where we follow the yellow-marked hiking trail to notch Sedlo pod Skalkou and then we continue through the main ridge of the Low Tatras along the red-marked hiking trail.
From the top, you can see particularly the region of Lower Liptov and a part of the Upper Hron River region, the mountains of the Great Fatra, the Low Tatras, the Choč Mountains, the West Tatras, Poľana, and partially also other mountains at a greater distance, such as the High Tatras including Kriváň, the Small Fatra, and more.
– The peak is marked with a triangulation rod. The signpost is situated a few metres below the peak, next to the path which bypasses the peak. The signpost marks the area of ”Sedlo Košarisko“.
– Hiking to the peak is possible all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– In winter, guidance is provided in the form of winter pole marking.
– There is a red-marked hiking trail running a few metres below peak Košarisko, the so called “Cesta hrdinov SNP” (Trail of SNU Heroes), which leads from Dukla to Devín.
– The red-marked hiking trail running below the peak is a part of European long distance route E8.
– The hiking tour from Liptovská Lúžna takes approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.
– It is usually not the final target point for hikers, they only pass through on their way to other peaks.
– The sub-part of the Low Tatras in which the peak is situated is called Prašivá.
– In the vicinity of the peak, to the east, there is a SNU memorial situated by the trail.