Mineral spring “Sírny Medokýš”, Stankovany
Mineral spring Sírny Medokýš is situated in Stankovany by the railway line, in the territory of Močiar, approximately 1.5 km away from the train stop in Stankovany. You can get to the spring via a paved road running along the railway line to the west. Along the road, there is a blue-marked bike trail. At the place where the road splits, continue along the railway line and after a few meters you will reach the spring.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 124
– The spring is caught into a ring with a metal door.
– The water flows out from the ring through an overflow pipe.
– The water has a weak sulphur smell and a taste of sulphur acidulous water.
– The water produces a yellowish sulphur sediment.
– The spring does not dry or freeze.
– It is situated in Šípska Fatra, which is a sub-part of the Great Fatra.
– It is located at the periphery of the National Nature Reserve of Močiar.
– There is a marked bike trail passing near the spring.
– The spring is used frequently by people from the wide surroundings.
– There is a sitting area by the spring.
– By the spring, there is an educational panel about the Nature Reserve of Močiar.
– There are other mineral springs in the vicinity of the spring.