Mineral spring “Medokýš”, Liptovské Sliače
Mineral spring Medokýš is situated in Stredný Sliač, 1.5 km away from the urban area, on the meadow below the woods. It can be accessed along the field road passing along the Zúbra Stream. (One way to get to Zúbra is along the blue-marked bike trail running through the centre of Liptovské Sliače.) It can also be accessed along the field road from “K Medokýšu” Street. (On this field road, continue straight ahead until reaching the place where you take a turn slightly to the right to a path through the bushes. Continue past the fenced water tower. The path will lead you slightly downhill to the meadows, from where you will already be able to see the shelter with the spring.)
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 70
– It surfaces from Paleogene flysch slates on the meadow below the water tower.
– The average water temperature in summer is approximately 10°C.
– The flow rate is 4.3 l/min., with 1,540 mg of CO2 content per one litre of water.
– It is relatively highly mineralized, based on its properties it is categorized under earthy acidulous waters.
– It is situated in the protected zone of the Low Tatras National Park.
– The surrounding area is man-altered, paved and covered with a wooden roof structure with a sitting area.
– The mineral water is frequently used by the local residents.
– From the spring, you can see the Choc Mountains.
– A few meters away from the spring is the rising place of the Zúbra Stream (the water is potable).
– Nearby, below the woods, there is a shelter with a nice view of the West Tatras, the Choc Mountains and a part of the Small and the Great Fatra.
– In the woods above the spring, there is an interesting rock formation called Vrátna Skala (Rock Window).