The highest peak of the Great Fatra mountain.
It is situated south-west of Ružomberok, near the town of Liptovské Revúce. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1596 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 25 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak has meadow landscape. It has a panoramic view in all directions. It is visible particularly from other peaks and hills of the surrounding mountains.
It is accessible via a marked hiking trail from Liptovské Revúce, Blatnice, Staré Hory or Turecká.
We can get to the top from Liptovské Revúce (from Vyšná Revúca), from where we go along the yellow-marked hiking trail to Chyžky (Kyšky) and then continue along the red-marked hiking trail.
From the top, you can see the Low Tatras, the Small Fatra, the Great Fatra itself and parts of other mountains.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– Its slopes are categorized under high avalanche risk.
– In winter, guidance is provided by winter pole marking.
– As it is the highest peak of the Grat Fatra, it is very popular among tourists.
– The hiking tour from Liptovské Revúce takes approximately 4 hours.
– Until 2016, the north peak with a tourist signpost was considered the highest point.