Mineral spring “Medokýš”, Ružomberok - Hrboltová
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Currently, the spring cannot be accessed from Hrboltová due to the ongoing construction of the motorway bridge. Use the access way from the town of Švošov.
Mineral spring Medokýš is situated in Ružomberok, in town district Hrboltová, approximately 1.5 km away from the urban area. It is located near the paved road leading from Hrboltová to Švošov. Along the road, there is a blue-marked bike trail. In order to get to the spring, get off the road at the place where there is the last pole of the high-voltage line on the northern side of the Váh River (the side we are walking on). This place is situated a little bit farther after the motorway bridge, which we pass under. From this place, continue uphill, passing between two cottages, which you will see there. Enter the wooded area along a modest pathway and, immediately upon entering the woods, you will see a travertine hill created by the activity of the spring (its bigger part is covered with growth). Continue a few metres along the pathway by the travertine hill, and you will get directly to the spring.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 28
– The water flows out from the subsoil, which is made of Jurassic limestone.
– The water has a ferruginous egg-like taste.
– Total mineralization of 2131 mg per one litre of water.
– There is a wooden shelter above the spring.
– The shelter has an informational board about the water composition.
– The water can be obtained by filling in a vessel.
– Settling on the bottom is a whitish sediment with occasionally escaping sulphur bubbles.
– As flowing away from the spring, the water creates a conduit, from which the water spills down the slope and creates a travertine hill.
– It is situated in Šípska Fatra, which is a sub-part of the Great Fatra.
– The spring can also be accessed from the town of Švošov, from which it is situated about 3 km away.
– There is a sitting area by the spring.
– There is a marked bike trail passing near the spring.