Peak Malá Smrekovica (Small Smrekovica)
A modest peak situated on the ridge of the Liptov branch of the Great Fatra.
It is situated south-west of Ružomberok, near the Ružomberok’s housing area of Podsuchá. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1485 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 11 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak has wooded landscape, with blueberry meadows on the east slope. The peak has no view, but the meadow below the peak has a view of the east. It is visible particularly from other peaks and hills in Liptov.
The top is not accessible through any trails. Near the top, there is a marked hiking trail leading through the viewpoint sites.
The best way to get to the viewpoint meadows below the top is along the green-marked hiking trail from hotel complex “Granit” situated nearby.
The meadows below the top offer a view of the Low Tatras and a part of the Liptov Basin.
– There is an asphalt access road leading to the hotel complex from the Ružomberok’s housing area of Podsuchá. During winter, you will need snow chains for the driveway.
– The peak with the surrounding territory is situated in the nature reserve of Jánošíkova kolkáreň.
– The hiking tour to the viewpoint meadows from the hotel complex takes approximately 30 minutes.
– During winter, guidance is provided by winter pole marking.
– There is also a marked bike trail below the top.