A dominant peak above the town of Liptovská Lúžna with a panoramic view.
It is situated south of Ružomberok, near the town of Liptovská Lúžna. It is a part of the Low Tatras. It is 1630 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 12 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak is covered with mountain bushes. The peak offers a panoramic view in all directions. It is visible especially from the Liptovská Basin and from other peaks and hills of the mountains in northern Slovakia.
It can be accessed via a marked hiking trail from the towns of Ludrová, Liptovské Sliače, Liptovská Lúžna and from the town of Železné.
One way to get to the peak is from Liptovská Lúžna, from where we are guided by the red-marked hiking trail.
The peak offers a view of the Great and the Small Fatra, the Choc Mountains, the West Tatras, the Low Tatras and partially also the High Tatras. We can also enjoy the view of the Liptovská Basin with water reservoir “Liptovská Mara” in the centre.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– Traditionally, there is a Saint Stephen’s Day winter hiking tour to the top on December, 26.
– The hiking tour from Liptovská Lúžna takes approximately 3 hours.
– The top has the shape of a platform, if you move a bit further away from the top along the marked trails, you can get a more interesting view.
– A more interesting route is the hiking trail from Ludrová, through the mountain pass of Hučiaky, it takes approximately 4 hours and 15 minutes.
– There is a hikers’ book at the top.
– The peak of Salatín including the surrounding territory is a strictly protected National Nature Reserve.