Church of the Holy Trinity in Liptovská Lúžna
The Roman-Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity is situated in the town of Liptovská Lúžna, approximately 21 km away from the centre of Ružomberok.
The Classicistic church, situated on a hill in the centre of the town, was built in 1848.
Located on the main altar is the central painting of the Holy Trinity. The painting depicts Jesus and God the Father sitting on dark clouds. Below them, there are two angels carrying a cross. In addition to the painting, there are also statues of St. Peter and Paul, two saints – queens, and two angels. There are also small reliefs, which depict scenes from the life of Jesus.
In addition to the main altar, there are also two side altars: of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and of Virgin Mary, queen of the rosary.
Also noteworthy is the painting of Assumption of Virgin Mary. It portrays Virgin Mary standing on the clouds. Her hands are lifted above her head, she is wearing a long blue cloak and a long pink dress. Two angels are standing by her sides, lifting her up to the heavens.
On the arch, we might notice the painting of Jesus on the Mount of Olives. There are many other paintings in the church, such as: painting of St. Cyril and Methodius and of other saints.
An interesting fact is that the tower has a bell from the 17th century, which was allegedly transferred from the Likava Castle. The bell is inscribed with words of a psalm: “In 1653. Blessed are the ones who guard the court and do justice at all times.”