Viewpoint below Skalka
A viewpoint area with a view of the town of Liptovská Lúžna below the ridge of the Low Tatras with a wooden double cross.
It is situated south of Ružomberok, above the town of Liptovská Lúžna. The viewpoint is situated in the Low Tatra Mountains at approximately 1410 m.a.s.l. It is located 18 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The viewpoint is situated in the timber-line area, which has trees, mountain bushes and meadow areas with blueberries and cranberries. The view is particularly of the north and the west. When looking from a distance, the viewpoint area is indistinct and difficult to find.
It can be accessed along a marked hiking trail from Liptovská Lúžna, or from the ridge of the Low Tatras from notch Sedlo pod Skalkou.
You can get to the viewpoint from Liptovská Lúžna, from where we follow the yellow-marked hiking trail in the direction to notch Sedlo pod Skalkou, in front of which it is situated. Alternatively, it is possible to go in the opposite direction, from notch Sedlo pod Skalkou, along the yellow-marked hiking trail in the direction to Liptovská Lúžna.
The viewpoint offers a view particularly of the town of Liptovská Lúžna and its surroundings. The mountains you can see are the Great Fatra, parts of the Low Tatras and the Small Fatra. The most distinctive peaks are Tlstá, Salatín, Veľká Chochuľa, Smrekovica, Rakytov, Zvolen, Rozsutec, Stoh and many more.
– Hiking to the viewpoint is possible all year round, in winter, do not forget your winter gear and keep in mind that the trail is not well-trodden.
– The hiking tour from Liptovská Lúžna takes approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.
– The viewpoint is situated approximately 600 m away from the signpost at notch Sedlo pod Skalkou on the ridge of the Low Tatras, which is approximately a 10 minute walk.
– The sub-part of the Low Tatras in which the viewpoint is situated is called Prašivá.
– The viewpoint is situated in the Low Tatras National Park.
– The viewpoint has a wooden double cross and a modest sitting area.