A clear-felled peak situated above Donovaly.
It is situated south of Ružomberok, near the town of Donovaly. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1403 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 22 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak has meadow landscape. The peak has a panoramic view of all directions, particularly of the south. It is visible particularly from other peaks and hills in Lower Liptov.
It is accessible via a marked hiking trail from Donovaly, Liptovské Revúce or Liptovská Osada.
We can get to the top from Donovaly, from where we go along the red-marked hiking trail.
From the top, you can see the Low Tatras, the Kremnica Mountains, the Starohorske (Staré Hory) Mountains, the Great Fatra itself as well as parts of other mountains. The most beautiful view of the south can be found a few meters below the top, by the cross.
– Because of the nearby cable car to Nová Hoľa, the peak is very popular among tourists.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– In winter, guidance is provided by winter pole marking.
– The hiking tour from Donovaly takes approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
– The hiking tour from Nová Hoľa, to which you can get by a cable car from Donovaly, takes approximately 15 minutes.
– There is a red-marked trail running through Zvolen, the so-called Trail of SNU Heroes, which leads from Dukla to Devín.
– Southward below the peak, there is a viewpoint area with a cross.