Mineral spring “Kubo”, Liptovská Lúžna
Mineral spring Kubo, “Bory”, is situated on a meadow, a few dozen metres above the town of Liptovská Lúžna, approximately 1 km away from the tourist signpost of “Liptovská Lúžna” (path to Salatín). First you need to get to mineral spring Maťo. From the signpost, continue slightly uphill along the main road, passing the municipal authority, and at the next intersection take a right turn (the intersection with a left and a right turn). After a while, you will see the shelter of spring Maťo. Continue a few meters further along the road, it will change into a gravel road at the last house. Continue a few meters further along this gravel road and, after a while, take a turn to the right to a path, which will lead you to the shelter with the spring.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 60
– The spring surfaces from a covered, stainless steel barrel-shaped vessel.
– The water flows out of the barrel-shaped vessel through a metal pipe.
– The water is clear, odourless.
– It has a ferruginous taste.
– The water produces a rust sediment.
– There is a wooden shelter built over the barrel-shaped vessel, with a roof made of felt shingles.
– The inside of the shelter is paved.
– It is situated in the protected zone of the Low Tatras National Park.
– From the spring, you can see Tlstá hill and a part of the Low Tatras ridge.
– The spring is mainly used by local residents.