Church of the Visitation of Virgin Mary in Turík
The Roman-Catholic Church of the Visitation of Virgin Mary is situated in the town of Turík, approximately 10 km away from the centre of Ružomberok.
The church was built in 1798. A wood structure was added later as an alteration to the roof of the tower. The tower has an interesting roof in the shape of a pyramid.
In the centre of the main altar of the Visitation of Virgin Mary, there is a painting of the Visitation of Virgin Mary. The foreground depicts Virgin Mary and St. Elisabeth. On the sides, there are St. Joseph and Zachariah. At the top of the altar, there is the eye of God with a halo made of rays. By the sides, there are busts of St. Joachim and St. Anne. On the sacrificial table in front of the altar, there is a coat of arms of the Turansky family. There are also six wood-carved candle holders at the altar.
In the section of the matroneum for the organ, there are several interesting paintings. On the front wall, there is a painting depicting the old testament king David. He is wearing a royal cloak and a king’s crown on his head. He is playing a harp, there is a book in front of him, hovering above which is the eye of God. On the right side, there is a painting of the Tribulations of Job. White-bearded Job is sitting at a dump site. He is only wearing a cloth tied around his waist. His wife is leaning against the fence, standing to her right are three men: Zophar, Eliphaz and Bildad, laughing at Job. On the left side, there is a painting of St. Ján Nepomucký, kneeling at a stand and looking into an open book.
The church is in the administration of the parish of Liptovská Teplá.