Mineral spring “Nižňanský Medokýš”, Liptovská Štiavnica
Mineral spring Nižňanský Medokýš is situated in the vicinity of recreational facility Chalúpkovo in Liptovská Štiavnica. There are navigational signs leading to the spring from the centre of the town, first along an asphalt road, then along a path in between the houses, to recreational facility Chalúpkovo, from which the spring is situated at a distance of approximately 100 m.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 71 or LM – 177
– It surfaces from a concrete dike with two overflow pipes, which can be accessed via a staircase.
– It is categorized as water with high mineral content, acidulous, bicarbonate-sulphate, calcium-magnesium type, with increased content of: bicarbonates, sulphates, fluorides, magnesium and calcium, mildly acidic, cold.
– It contains 1,709 mg of CO2 per one litre of water.
– The water is clear, colourless and odourless.
– In 1960, it was registered under no. LM-71. Since 1994, it has been registered under no. LM-177.
– It is situated in the protected zone of the Low Tatras National Park.
– The surrounding area of the spring is enclosed with a metal fence and thus protected from being destroyed by grazing livestock.
– In the vicinity, there is a resting area with benches and informational panels about the spring.
– The resting area has a view of the West Tatras, the Choc Mountains and a part of the Small Fatra.
– The mineral water is used for drinking, mainly by the local residents.