Mineral spring “Kadluba” in Banské, Liptovská Lúžna
Mineral spring Kadluba in Banské is situated in the valley of Banské, in the cadastral area of Liptovská Lúžna. It surfaces in the valley by the stream, approximately 3 km away from the urban area of the town. You can access it along a paved road running through the valley. As you walk through the valley, you pass by the shelter of Medokýš Spring, and approximately 200 m after that, you will arrive at an intersection, where you continue straight ahead (not over the bridge). Here you need to pay attention, because the spring is situated on the right side behind the stream, at approximately 200 m after the intersection.
The access to the spring is covered with growth, therefore it is visible only from a short section of the road. In order to access the spring, you need to cross the stream.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 62
– The spring surfaces into a wooden barrel-shaped vessel, which is in bad condition.
– From the barrel-shaped vessel, the water flows freely down the slope into the stream.
– The water can only be obtained by filling in a vessel.
– It has a ferruginous taste.
– The water produces a rust sediment.
– Over the barrel-shaped vessel, there is a structure with a wooden shingle roof, which is in very poor condition.
– It is situated in the protected zone of the Low Tatras National Park.
– The spring is not used.