Peak Ploská consists of a large meadow platform in the centre of the Great Fatra.
It is situated south-west of Ružomberok, near the town of Liptovské Revúce. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1532 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 21 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak has meadow landscape. It has a panoramic view in all directions. It is visible particularly from other peaks and hills of the surrounding mountains.
It is accessible via a marked hiking trail from Liptovské Revúce, Necpaly and Belá-Dulice.
We can get to the top from Liptovské Revúce (from Vyšná Revúca). We go along the yellow-marked hiking trail through Ploskej notch up to the very top.
From the top, you can see the Low Tatras, the Small Fatra, Poľana, the Great Fatra itself as well as parts of other mountains.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– In winter, guidance is provided by winter pole marking.
– Ploská divides the ridge of the Great Fatra into the Liptov branch and the Turčianska branch.
– Traditionally, there is a hiking tour to the top organized on the occasion of the Slovak National Uprising.
– The hiking tour from Liptovské Revúce takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
– There is a grave (a memorial) at the top.