Church of the Immaculate Conception of Virgin Mary in Liptovská Štiavnica
The Roman-Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception of Virgin Mary is situated in the town of Liptovská Štiavnica, approximately 6 km away from the centre of Ružomberok.
Its construction began in 1995, it was consecrated in December of 1999, by bishop František Tondra. The architectural design was prepared by Ing. Arch. Marián Dúha and Ing. Arch. Izabela Dúhová.
The church has modern architecture and it is one of the dominant features of the town.
Before construction of the church, believers from Liptovská Štiavnica used to attend the masses in nearby Ludrová or, even farther, in Ružomberok.
In the vicinity of the church, there is also a wooden belfry, which was built in 1933, and a manor house from the 17th century.
Directly in the town, there is also a chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.