Peak Predný Čebrať
The view from the peak of Predný Čebrať is one of the most beautiful views of Ružomberok.
It is located north of the centre of Ružomberok. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain, more specifically of its sub-part, Šípska Fatra. It is 945 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 1.5 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak is covered with trees. It has a view of the east side and partially of the south side. It is visible especially from the Liptovská Basin. It forms a pyramid-like dominant feature over the town of Ružomberok.
It is accessible via a marked hiking trail from Ružomberok through the town of Likavka.
There is a red-marked hiking trail leading to it from the main train station in Ružomberok.
The viewing point offers a good view particularly of the town of Ružomberok itself, of the west part of the Liptovská Basin, the Low Tatras and the Great Fatra.
– Hiking trails are open all year round.
– The hiking tour from Ružomberok takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
– The top viewpoint is a rock with a steep slope.
– The trail to the top is named after Zdeněk Hochmuth, who made a significant contribution to the rise of tourism in Slovakia.
– Traditionally, there is a Saint Stephen’s Day hiking tour to the top on December, 26.