Mineral spring “Medokýš” in Banské, Liptovská Lúžna
Mineral spring Medokýš in Banské is situated in the valley of Banské, in the cadastral area of Liptovská Lúžna. It surfaces in the valley by the road, approximately 2.5 km away from the urban area of the town. You can access it along a paved road running through the valley.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 61
– The spring surfaces into a wooden barrel-shaped vessel, from which it is led out through a metal pipe.
– The spring has a weak flow, therefore the water needs to be obtained by filling in a vessel. After leaving the outlet pipe, the water runs down the wall.
– An interesting fact is that the water bubbles in the barrel-shaped vessel.
– It has a ferruginous taste.
– The water produces a brown sediment.
– There is a wooden shelter built over the barrel-shaped vessel, with a roof made of felt shingles.
– The inside of the shelter is paved.
– It is situated in the protected zone of the Low Tatras National Park.
– The spring is used only occasionally.