Peak Malý Zvolen (Small Zvolen)
A peak situated above Nižná Revúca in Liptovské Revúce.
It is situated south of Ružomberok, near the town of Liptovské Revúce. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1372 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 20 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak has woodland on the west side and meadows on the east side. The top has a view of the east. It is visible particularly from other peaks and hills in Lower Liptov.
It is accessible via a marked hiking trail from Liptovské Revúce, Donovaly or Liptovská Osada.
We can get to the top from Liptovské Revúce (from Nižná Revúca), from where we go along the yellow-marked hiking trail.
The top has a view particularly of the Low Tatras, and also parts of other mountains.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– In winter, guidance is provided by winter pole marking.
– The hiking tour from Liptovské Revúce takes approximately 2 hours.
– The hiking tour from Nová Hoľa, to which you can get by a cable car from Donovaly, takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
– It is usually not the final target point for hikers, who only pass through on their way to other peaks.