Mineral spring "Vrt STH - 2", Stankovany
The mineral spring (well) is situated in Stankovany in the territory of Močiar, approximately 2 km away from the train stop in Stankovany. You can get to the spring via a paved road running along the railway line to the west. Along the road, there is a blue-marked bike trail. At the place where the road splits, continue in the direction away from the railway line. Continue by the woods until you reach the place where you get a partial view of Močiar Nature Reserve. Here you can notice a corroded pipe of the well sticking out of the ground.
– Reference number of the mineral spring: LM – 160
– A well with depth of 123.5 m, which catches water in the Triassic dolomites in the depth of 28 – 37 m, and leads it to the surface.
– The well pipe itself is heavily corroded.
– The water from the well flows out a few centimetres above the ground through a corroded opening.
– The out-flowing water creates a relatively large travertine area around the well.
– The water is clear, with a weak sulphur smell, with a taste of sulphur acidulous water, and it contains a lot of dissolved CO2.
– The spring is not in use and there is no access path either.
– It is situated in Šípska Fatra, which is a sub-part of the Great Fatra.
– It is located in the National Nature Reserve of Močiar.
– There is a marked bike trail passing near the spring.
– There are other mineral springs in the vicinity of the spring.