A prominent pyramid-like peak towering over Liptovské Revúce, it is one of the most beautiful viewpoint locations in whole Slovakia.
It is situated south-west of Ružomberok, near the towns of Liptovské Revúce and Liptovská Osada. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1567 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 16 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The top consists of meadows with artificially planted mountain bushes. It has a panoramic view in all directions. It is visible especially from other peaks and hills of the surrounding mountains.
It is accessible via a marked hiking trail from Liptovské Revúce.
The top can be reached from Liptovské Revúce, from “Teplô” area between Liptovská Osada and Liptovské Revúce. We follow the yellow-marked hiking trail to northern “Rakytovské” notch and then we continue along the green-marked trail.
From the top, you can see the Low Tatras, the Small Fatra, the Great Fatra itself as well as parts of other mountains.
– Mountain bushes have been planted on the top because of the frequent avalanches falling from its slopes.
– Hiking trails are open when it is free from snow.
– During winter, this peak is bypassed, hiking would be dangerous.
– The hiking tour from “Teplô” area takes approximately 3 hours.
– There is a wooden cross sitting enthroned on the top.
– There is a viewpoint compass rose at the top.
– Traditionally, there is a hiking tour to the top on Good Friday.