Peak Malinné offers a view of Malinô Brdo ski resort and the Liptovská Basin.
It is located south-west of the centre of Ružomberok. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1209 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 5.5 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). On the west side, the peak is covered with trees, and on the east side, it has meadows. It has a view of the east side and partially of the north side. It is visible from the Liptovská Basin.
It can be accessed via a marked hiking trail from the centre of Ružomberok, from the urban areas of Biely Potok and Černová, from Vlkolínec, or from the recreational sites of Hrabovo and Čutkovo.
From the centre of Ružomberok, you can get to peak Malinné along the blue-marked hiking trail running through Vlkolínske Lúky.
From the viewpoint, you can see in particular the ski resort of Malinô Brdo, the Choc Mountains, the West Tatras, Liptov Basin and a part of the High Tatras and the Low Tatras.
– Hiking trails are open all year round. (In winter, the hiking trail to the top is used for skiing)
– The hiking tour from Ružomberok takes approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes.
– The top viewpoint consists of a meadow with the top station of the chairlift.
– On the platform of the chairlift station, there is a display of the panorama including description.
– During summer and winter months, there is a chairlift running to the top from the Malinô Brdo resort.
– The peak is also known by local names of Malino, Malinô, Malino Brdo, Malinô Brdo.
– There are races in running and ski mountaineering organized with the finish line at the top.
– There are downhill bike trails running from the top.