Church of Transfiguration of the Lord in Lisková
The Roman-Catholic Church of Transfiguration of the Lord is situated in the town of Lisková, approximately 5 km away from the centre of Ružomberok.
The church was consecrated in 1936. It is interesting that the separately standing Baroque tower situated at the premises of the church comes from a much older church, which was demolished in 1934 due to its poor technical condition.
What is remarkable is the combination of this historical tower with a more modern construction of the new church. We can see modern lines meeting traditional shapes.
The original church was built in the 13th century and the mentioned tower in the 17th century.
Another interesting fact is that the clock on the church tower was a gift by a well-known politician from the period of the first republic and a native from Lisková, Vavro Šrobár.