A woodland covered double peak on the Liptov branch of the Great Fatra ridge.
It is situated south-west of Ružomberok, near the Ružomberok’s housing areas of Podsuchá and Vlkolínec. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1461 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 9 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). Both peaks have wooded landscape. The peak has almost no view, but the meadow between the peaks has a view of the north. It is visible particularly from Lower Liptov and from other peaks and hills in Liptov.
It can be accessed via a marked hiking trail from the villages of Podsuchá and Vlkolínec or directly from Ružomberok.
The peak can be reached from the Ružomberok’s housing area of Podsuchá, from where we are guided by the red-marked hiking trail.
The meadows between the peaks have views mainly of a part of the Great Fatra and the Choc Mountains. The nearby meadows have a view of the Liptov Basin, the Low and the West Tatras.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– In winter, guidance is provided by winter pole marking, but not to the very top.
– The trail only leads to one of the peaks, it bypasses the smaller peak.
– The hiking tour from Podsuchá takes approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes.
– The hiking tour from Vlkolínec takes approximately 3 hours.
– There is also a marked bike trail below the top.