Hussite Church in Liptovská Osada
The former Hussite church is situated in the town of Liptovská Osada, approximately 16 km away from the centre of Ružomberok.
The church, which was built in 1930, had been previously owned by the Czechoslovak Hussite Church, until recently, when it passed into the ownership of Liptovská Osada in 2017.
The first thing you notice when looking at the church is its tall, slender tower, which prominently features a symbol of a chalice at the top.
Originally, this church was the only Hussite church in Slovakia. However, the Hussite faith was prohibited in the time of the war-period Slovak Republic. The church was damaged in World War II, because German soldiers turned the church tower into a pillbox unit. After the war, it was used as a warehouse and gradually fell into disrepair. After its acquisition, the town of Liptovská Osada plans to restore the church and use it as a cultural and social venue. However, the original features of the church will be preserved.