Sidorovo Peak offers a view of the town of Vlkolínec and of the valley of the Revúca River.
It is located south-west of the centre of Ružomberok. It is a part of the Great Fatra mountain. It is 1099 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 4 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak is covered with trees. It has a view of the south and partially of the east. It is visible from the Liptovská Basin and the valley of the Revúca River. It forms a pyramid-like dominant feature above Vlkolínec.
It can be accessed via a marked hiking trail from the centre of Ružomberok, from the urban area of Biely Potok, from Vlkolínec, or from the recreational sites of Malinô and Hrabovo.
From the town of Vlkolínec, it is possible to get to the top of Sidorovo along the yellow-marked hiking trail running through Vlkolínske Lúky (Vlkolínec Meadows), from where we continue along the red-marked hiking trail.
From the viewpoint, you can see in particular the town of Vlkolínec, the valley of the Revúca River, the Low Tatras, a part of the Liptovská Basin and a part of the Great Fatra Mountain.
– Hiking trails are open all year round.
– The hiking tour from Vlkolínec takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
– The top viewpoint consists of a rock with a handrail and with a panorama display including description.
– Traditionally, there is a hiking tour organized during Easter.
– The peak is also known by local names of Žiar and Hýravá.
– In the past, there used to be a hillfort at the top.