A peak covered with mountain bushes with views of Lower Liptov and Starohorské (Stare Hory) Mountains.
It is situated south of Ružomberok, near the town of Korytnica. It is a part of the Low Tatras. It is 1652 m.a.s.l. high. It lies 23 km away from the centre of Ružomberok (as the crow flies). The peak is covered with mountain bushes. Its view is particularly of the south and the north. It is visible from the west part of the Liptov Basin.
It is accessible via a marked hiking trail from Korytnica or Hiadeľ.
The easiest way to the top is from the village of Korytnica, from where we go along the blue-marked hiking trail to Hiadeľské notch and then we continue through the main ridge of the Low Tatras along the red-marked hiking trail.
The top view includes mainly the regions of Lower Liptov and a part of Horehronie (Upper Hron River), the mountains of the Great Fatra, the Choc Mountains, the West Tatras, the Low Tatras, the Starohorske (Stare Hory) Mountains, Poľana, the Kremnica Mountains, and partially also other mountains situated at a greater distance.
– Hiking trails are open all year round, winter gear should not be forgotten in winter.
– In winter, guidance is provided by winter pole marking.
– There is a red-marked trail running through Prašivá, the so-called Trail of SNU Heroes, which leads from Dukla to Devín.
– The hiking tour from Korytnica takes approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes.
– In spite of its name, it is not the highest peak of the so called Prašivá (a sub-part of the Low Tatras).
– It is usually not the final target point for hikers, who only pass through on their way to other peaks.
– The peak is marked with a mount of rocks and a wooden panel.